Page Viewing Options

Monday, December 20, 2010

We Put Birds on Things!

This quote is going to be over used in no time but for now, it's funnily stuck in my head! Someday it won't be funny.  If you don't what it's from you are either not living in Portland or don't have a Facebook account.  It's a 6 part short-based comedy series called Portlandia.  Created, written and starting Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein.  It debuts January 21st on IFC. "Each episode's character-based shorts draw viewers into "Portlandia," the creators' dreamy and absurd rendering of Portland, Oregon."

There are a couple of things about these trailers that have really hit home. 1. Portland is a place where young people go to retire.  2. The dream of the 90's is alive in Portland.   I like thinking I'm retired.  Though typically when people retire there is some form of retirement income slated.  I'm not sure my measly weakly unemployment checks count.  But the dream is totally alive, maybe not exactly how the writers intended. but since I was cheated out of actually living during the 90's this makes sense to me.  but enough about this.

In other news!  My Kristie portrait was accepted into a show!  It opens on January 7th 2011 6 -9 at the CODA gallery. Mark your callenders now!  You can also FB like them if you are so inclined and can rsvp to the opening!





Printmaking was successful this weekend too!  Although I am remiss for not taking photos of the art or the fun!  Also had a great painting session with two dear painting friends, gift exchange and holiday pizza!  I received the above lovely framed linocut and a very adorable cigar box painting set up! 

And speaking of unemployment, I just had the most unpleasant convo with a representative that was less then helpful explaining just how contract work affects unemployment benefits.

And now some holiday lunch with a lovely dog loving tile rep!


1 comment:

Serena said...

This post has gotten the most traffic of any other post I have - Thanks to googles search engine. I had no idea!
If you are reading this and looking for some handmade loveliness, please check out my etsy site! www.almostmonday.etsy.com

Thank you! :)